Confessions of a Chronically Ill Mother

What do you think? Do you like the title? My dear friend Shanna Groves is deaf and has a book out called, "Confessions of a Lip-Reading Mom". One of her Facebook posts inspired me today and I thought that maybe I should start some confessions of my own. If I did, here would be:

Confession #1: I'm not invincible.

Yes, my body might take a beating and keep on ticking, but I'm really not invincible and some day this disease is going to conquer - at least humanly speaking. In reality, it's conquering will actually set me free. Some day, I will dance with Jesus. No pain. No fatigue. No tight chest. No breathlessness - except for holy breathlessness that being with Jesus brings. No body-going-into-shock experiences. No blurry vision. No migraines. No achy arms from simply brushing my hair. I will dance. I will fly. I will be filled with eternal bliss, because those who belong to Jesus and know torment in this life will know the greatest joy in the next. Oh death, where is your sting...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen , well said.I am Still praying for healing or remission in this life.
Joyce Hampton scaggs
(Momma)

"Blessing" by Laura Story